APUO librarians take note:
- The General Assembly is on Feb. 14th on the 12th floor of Desmarais. Everyone come and vote on the proposals that the Collective Bargaining Committee prepared for negotiations.
- APUO’s first even curling event is on Feb. 17th at the Royal Navy Curling Club, 3:00 – 5:30. Free for APUO members, including parking, pizza and instruction for beginners.
- Negotiations are beginning at the end of this month. Stay informed about negotiations!
IN OTHER NEWS:
Our colleague, AUL at McMaster University (yes, McMaster again) is being sued for $3 million for criticizing Edward Mellen Press. Read about it.
- Librarian Sued By Publisher for Saying Mean Things (Library Journal)
- A statement by McMaster on the Mellen Press Lawsuit–and a Petition (Leiter Reports: A Philosophy Blog)
- Price of Bad Review (CHE)
- LIBEL ACTION AGAINST MCMASTER LIBRARIAN RAISES ACADEMIC FREEDOM ISSUES (Sam Trosow)
- Dale Askey is being sued (YUFA Library Chapter)